School of Mines, Golden, CO. December 1993
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, Civil Specialty
- Environmental Engineering Minor
Licenses / Certifications
- California Professional Engineer 58279, Since
- California Contractors License (B &
C-42) 708781, Since 1995
- Certified Professional in
Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) 4475
Erosion, Sediment, and Storm Water Inspector (CESSWI) 1090
- Construction General Permit Trainer of Record
CPESC and CESSWI Instructor
AutoCAD, Eagle Point, Flow Master, Civil Storm, AutoTurn, Excel, Word.
Vice President and Partner,
BTConsulting, Jan. 2009 - Present
of Record, Red Hawk Casino, 2007 - 2009
- Responsible for the design of all site facilities, including tanks, booster/lift stations and distribution networks.
- Responsible for site grading and improvements, inspection, construction
support and systems startup.
President, Gene E. Thorne & Associates, Inc., 2004 - 2009
- Responsible for the Engineering Department, including H/R, evaluations,
work flow and design implementation.
- Liaison between
clients, contractors, agencies, staff, neighbors and consultants.
- Project proponent to Public Agencies, City Councils, Planning Commissions, Boards of Supervisors.
Project Engineer, Gene E. Thorne &
Assoc, Inc., 1994 - 2004
Implemented CAD techniques and automated the engineering department.
- Maintained project timelines and managed client expectations.
- Acted as project proponent through the entire development process.
Contractor, Peter Thorne Construction, 2000 - 2011
- Responsible for the operation of a small business based on the construction
- Design and install septic systems, remodels
- Performed limited grading and trenching.
- Responsible for client relations, code compliance, scheduling, and budgeting.
Construction, Morning Star Construction,
1992 - 1994
- Restored Victorian
Era houses in the Denver area.
- Learned the construction
trade, time management, client and agency relations while working in historical areas.
- Learned to respect and preserve the artistry and pride that builders of the past took in their work.